Mary L. Dudziak recently published a post to her blog War Time about teaching a seminar on the history of war powers. As part of the post, she provided a book list for teaching this type of seminar. Her list is outstanding.
- Drew Gilpin Faust, This Republic of Suffering: Death and the American Civil War (Vintage Civil War Library)
- Steven Casey, When Soldiers Fall: How Americans Have Confronted Combat Losses from World War I to Afghanistan
5. Robert M. Neer, Napalm: An American Biography
- Yuki Tanaka and Marilyn B. Young, eds., Bombing Civilians: A Twentieth-Century History
- Mary Dudziak, War Time: An Idea, Its History, Its Consequences
Click to the link on her website below.
Check out the DailyHistory.org Bookshelf at Powell’s Books.